The XWiki development team is pleased to announce the release of XWiki Enterprise 1.7.
Changes from 1.6:
- New XWiki Syntax 2.0 (xwiki/2.0)
- New WYSIWYG 2.0 (Alpha version)
- New script macro (xwiki/2.0)
- New Box macro (xwiki/2.0)
- Multiwiki (a.k.a farm mode or virtual mode) is now available using special URLs for wikis (and not only subdomains). Note that this option is available from xwiki.cfg and not enabled by default.
- Webdav support : XWiki now expose a webdav server interface. This means you can now access/edit/delete page sources and attachments from any webdav client.
- Groovy upgrade : The groovy engine has been upgraded to the last 1.6 beta version. You can now use all the new features of groovy as well as speed improvements and bugfixes from groovy 1.0 to 1.6 beta 2.
- New Attachment view in the Index : you can now see all the attachments of the wiki in the wiki index, under the "Attachment" tab.
- Reorganized, documented and enhanced xwiki.cfg configuration file.
- Added a ROOT webapp to the standalone distribution.
Important bug fixes:
- Saving a blank wiki page throws exception in Oracle
- Registration is still possible when right to register for Unregistered user is explicit set to deny
- Documents with name with spaces or other special chars can't properly save added image in WYSIWYG editor
- Support of dots in ldap login has introduce a security hole
- SMTP server address is not re-read when it's changed in global preferences
- Watchlist update sent by email does not contain the full path to a changed attachment
- Wrong user name is inserted in group during LDAP membership synchronisation
For more information see the.