Theuses for listing all tasks to be implemented and all bugs to be fixed.
You'll find there the dates and versions planned for issues to be fixed and hence the XWiki roadmaps. There's also alisting all known dates for future releases. Please understand that these dates are often tentative since XWiki's development is open source and lots of committers/contributors are working in their free time on XWiki.
If you're interested to help out check the.
General goals for all releases:
- More tests
- Better javadoc
- More documentation on xwiki.org
- Code cleanup/refactoring
Already implemented roadmaps can be found in the.
Note that all planned release dates are also entered in the Calendar on.
XWiki Enterprise 6.x
- Theme: Slick, Slim and Secure
- Performance improvements across the board: page load time, scalability, activity stream rewrite, memory usage rationalization.
- Introduce the flavor mechanism (as already discussed here) with the idea of removing the maximum of extensions from the base and be able to build a minimal, lightweight wiki, have a few flavors.
- Slickiness achieved with things like new skin, syntax highlighting + autocompletion, easier rights UI and more.
- Also spend time improving various security aspects, including the addition of Signed scripts.
In short we’ve realized that XWiki has grown along the years and it’s becoming a bit heavyweight in various aspects. So the idea would be to focus on performances and ease of use to slim it down and ensure it’s kicking fast!
Release dates for the 6.x Cycle:
April 2014May 2014
June 2014July 2014
- 6.3: October 2014
- 6.4: December 2014
XWiki 6.3 is the first of the 2 stabilization releases leading to the end of the 6.x cycle. As such it’s important to polish and fix bugs. It’s also going to be short so that we can finish 6.4 by the end of the year and start the new XWiki cycle (7.x) at beginning of next year.
- Guillaume with help from Caty: Continue polishing Flamingo. Some specific items:
- Ensure it works fine on mobile devices
- Fix known bugs. Among them:
- Make Livetables responsive with screen size XWIKI-10727
- Make Tables responsive XWIKI-10736
- Fix the xwiki-enterprise-test-webstandards build!
Type Key Status Summary Assignee Invalid HTML5 meta tags used in flamingo Guillaume Delhumeau The Color Themes picker isn't properly displayed when using the scrollbar Guillaume Delhumeau Manage listed applications in Applications Panel Guillaume Delhumeau Use LESS4J for the implementation of LESSCompiler Guillaume Delhumeau The "templates" directory has VMs from Colibri Guillaume Delhumeau Remove the 'default' marker from our ColorThemes Guillaume Delhumeau
- Thomas: Continue on improving page loading times and performances in general as much as possible in the time frame, with the goal of having better performances than we had in 5.4.5.
- Would also be good to fix the Tree view in AllDocs using the new jstree-based tree used for FM (and support drag and drop reorganization)
- Edy: Implement the JIRAs from this list (sorted by priority, first is most important):
Type Key Status Summary Assignee Extension Manager add extension search should suggest only compatible versions Unassigned Welcome block is too hard to edit Eduard Moraru Delete space should list all pages that are going to be deleted Eduard Moraru Wrong rendering of annotations on Blog Eduard Moraru The default value of a date field should be empty or today, not the date when the class has been created Eduard Moraru Allow user directory to be customized globally Eduard Moraru
- Caty: Collaborative apps investigations and specific investigation on some Collaborative apps + help the work on polishing Flamingo and make it work on mobile devices.
- Lyes: Work on the Repository Application/Extension Manager (with Thomas) to be able to surface the “best” extensions both inside XWiki’s EM UI and on e.x.o + work on Collaborative apps (especially on File Manager to take over from Marius)
13 October (3 weeks)17 October
- 6.3M2: 27 October (2 weeks)
- 6.3RC1: 3 November (1 week)
- 6.3Final: 10 November (1 week)