Theuses for listing all tasks to be implemented and all bugs to be fixed.
You'll find there the dates and versions planned for issues to be fixed and hence the XWiki roadmaps. There's also alisting all known dates for future releases. Please understand that these dates are often tentative since XWiki's development is open source and lots of committers/contributors are working in their free time on XWiki.
If you're interested to help out check the.
General goals for all releases:
- More tests
- Better javadoc
- More documentation on xwiki.org
- Code cleanup/refactoring
Already implemented roadmaps can be found in the.
Note that all planned release dates are also entered in the Calendar on.
XWiki Enterprise 8.x
Release dates for the 8.x Cycle:
- 8.0: March 2016
- 8.1: May 2016
- 8.2: July 2016
- 8.3: September 2016
- 8.4: November 2016
- Polish the CKEditor integration and bring it up to par with our current WYSIWYG editor with the goal of replacing our current editor in XWiki 8.1. - Marius
Type Key Status Summary Upgrade to CKEditor 4.5.6 Notify about unsaved changes when leaving the edit mode Add support for Back-Forward and Page Reload cache Add support for drag & drop image upload Display the macro name on the status bar when a macro is selected Make a conversion request only when the content has changed Remain on the previous editing mode when the HTML-source conversion fails HTML code visible when switching to Source mode A text area with HTML code is visible before the editor is loaded The macro output is not read-only if it is preceded by another macro output Broken display of Main.WebHome Save & Continue doesn't work as expected Saving the page from the Source edit mode doesn't work as expected Add support for inserting images from XWiki attachments Add support for creating links to wiki attachments Add support for creating links to wiki pages
- Polish/finish the Nested Spaces topics (migrations, leftovers). Needed in 7.4.1 and 7.4.2. See bit.ly/1ORc8zD - GuillaumeD for the migrations, everyone for the rest.
- Continue improving upgrade tools: Scriptable upgrades (priority 1), Simulation (priority 2), others - Edy
- Finish Flavor mechanism + provide Platform Flavor + minimalistic XWiki distribution - Thomas
- Improved xwiki.org: better download and install pages, improved style, etc - Caty
- Define new UI Extension points - Caty
Priority 2 (if priority 1 items are finished):
- MediaWiki Import - Thomas
- Better notifications: live notifications (when a forum post is added, when a comment is posted), app-related AS events, other - Edy
- 8.0M1: 25 Jan 2016
- 8.0M2: 15 Feb 2016
- 8.0RC1: 29 Feb 2016
- 8.0Final: 14 Mar 2016