Theuses for listing all tasks to be implemented and all bugs to be fixed.
You'll find there the dates and versions planned for issues to be fixed and hence the XWiki roadmaps. There's also alisting all known dates for future releases. Please understand that these dates are often tentative since XWiki's development is open source and lots of committers/contributors are working in their free time on XWiki.
If you're interested to help out check the.
General goals for all releases:
- More tests
- Better javadoc
- More documentation on xwiki.org
- Code cleanup/refactoring
Already implemented roadmaps can be found in the.
Note that all planned release dates are also entered in the Calendar on.
XWiki Enterprise 6.x
- Theme: Slick, Slim and Secure
- Performance improvements across the board: page load time, scalability, activity stream rewrite, memory usage rationalization.
- Introduce the flavor mechanism (as already discussed here) with the idea of removing the maximum of extensions from the base and be able to build a minimal, lightweight wiki, have a few flavors.
- Slickiness achieved with things like new skin, syntax highlighting + autocompletion, easier rights UI and more.
- Also spend time improving various security aspects, including the addition of Signed scripts.
In short we’ve realized that XWiki has grown along the years and it’s becoming a bit heavyweight in various aspects. So the idea would be to focus on performances and ease of use to slim it down and ensure it’s kicking fast!
Release dates for the 6.x Cycle:
April 2014May 2014
June 2014July 2014
August 2014September 2014
October 2014November 2014
- 6.4: December 2014
See what was done in the
Check the .
- Performances and core bug fixes/stabilization - Thomas
Type Key Status Summary Assignee Stop storing Maven properties in Extension properties Thomas Mortagne Cache the result of core extensions descriptors update Thomas Mortagne Type Key Status Summary Assignee MandatoryDocumentInitializer#updateDocument() is not invoked on extension installation Thomas Mortagne
- New Trees - Marius
Type Key Status Summary Assignee Problem to load the wiki pages tree/list (Link > Wiki page > "All the pages" tab) where there is a lot of pages Marius Dumitru Florea Fail to display DBTree property in edit mode when an item from the third selected column does not appear in the first column Unassigned Velocity error on "Step 4 - Report" of the DW after migrating to 5.4.3 Unassigned DBTree properties are not displayed correctly in edit mode regarding its parameters Unassigned No horizontal scrollbar for long page names in the treeview Unassigned DBTreeList properties: Replace the YUI Tree based implementation with an accessible HTML+CSS one Unassigned drag and drop in order to move page Unassigned Icons broken when left panel column is disabled Marius Dumitru Florea Document Tree macro doesn't properly work when using the "openTo" parameter and setting Hidden Docs to True Unassigned
- Flamingo polishing + Add button/Navbar decisions - Guillaume + Caty (+ Others to help)
Type Key Status Summary Assignee Set of icons by default in AWM Guillaume Delhumeau Make Tables responsive Guillaume Delhumeau Be able to use Flamingo Theme variables in Skin Extensions Guillaume Delhumeau Menu Application: Improve default look to make it better-looking with the Flamingo skin Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) Allow LESS syntax in SSX Guillaume Delhumeau Activate Flamingo menus on hover Marius Dumitru Florea
- General stabilization - Edy/Vincent (+ Others to help)
Type Key Status Summary Assignee Move the "Pretty Name" and Description sections from the Main Wiki to their respective subwiki Administration page Eduard Moraru Extension Manager add extension search should suggest only compatible versions Eduard Moraru Add a new BCC field for the Email feature Vincent Massol
- Collaborative Apps improvements/new design - Caty + Lyes + Victor + Gabriela
- Forum - finishing touches
- Meeting, FAQ, Ideas - fixing bugs, design
- Addition of Ratings feature in Repository app - Victor
Type Key Status Summary Assignee Rating and advice system for extensions Victor Rachieru Integrate the ratings system from xwiki-contrib Victor Rachieru Include ratings information in the Extension REST API Victor Rachieru Display ratings information in the Extension Manager UI Victor Rachieru Add comment field Victor Rachieru
- Improved mail sender for large volumes - Vincent + Lyes
Type Key Status Summary Assignee Batch API to send large volumes of mail Bandou Lyes
1st of Dec3rd of Dec
15 Dec18th of Dec
not planned initially5th of Jan
22 Dec12th of Jan
29 Dec19th of Jan