Theuses for listing all tasks to be implemented and all bugs to be fixed.
You'll find there the dates and versions planned for issues to be fixed and hence the XWiki roadmaps. There's also alisting all known dates for future releases. Please understand that these dates are often tentative since XWiki's development is open source and lots of committers/contributors are working in their free time on XWiki.
If you're interested to help out check the.
General goals for all releases:
- More tests
- Better javadoc
- More documentation on xwiki.org
- Code cleanup/refactoring
Already implemented roadmaps can be found in the.
Note that all planned release dates are also entered in the Calendar on.
XWiki Enterprise 6.x
- Theme: Slick, Slim and Secure
- Performance improvements across the board: page load time, scalability, activity stream rewrite, memory usage rationalization.
- Introduce the flavor mechanism (as already discussed here) with the idea of removing the maximum of extensions from the base and be able to build a minimal, lightweight wiki, have a few flavors.
- Slickiness achieved with things like new skin, syntax highlighting + autocompletion, easier rights UI and more.
- Also spend time improving various security aspects, including the addition of Signed scripts.
In short we’ve realized that XWiki has grown along the years and it’s becoming a bit heavyweight in various aspects. So the idea would be to focus on performances and ease of use to slim it down and ensure it’s kicking fast!
Release dates for the 6.x Cycle:
April 2014May 2014
June 2014July 2014
August 2014September 2014
October 2014November 2014
- 6.4: December 2014
See what was done in the
Check the .
- Performances and core bug fixes/stabilization - Thomas
Type Key Status Summary Assignee Wiki descriptor corresponding to not existing alias or id is not cached Thomas Mortagne Type Key Status Summary Assignee MergeUtils#mergeList forget to update modified state Thomas Mortagne ClassCastException when trying to Import an invalid XAR Thomas Mortagne $escapetool.xml($extension.issueManagement.system) displayed for a Maven extension with <issueManagement/> Thomas Mortagne Cannot have Panels calling protected APIs requiring Programming Rights anymore Thomas Mortagne Scheduler should automatically register/unregister jobs on document updates Thomas Mortagne Some translations contain velocity code Thomas Mortagne Safe XStream serializer implementation does not skip components that don't take the role from an interface Thomas Mortagne Scm empty instead of null with <scm/> Thomas Mortagne IssueManagement empty instead of null with <issueManagement/> Thomas Mortagne
- New Trees + new LT integration - Marius
- Flamingo polishing + Add button/Navbar decisions - Guillaume + Caty (+ Others to help)
Type Key Status Summary Assignee Set of icons by default in AWM Guillaume Delhumeau Make Tables responsive Guillaume Delhumeau Be able to use Flamingo Theme variables in Skin Extensions Guillaume Delhumeau Menu Application: Improve default look to make it better-looking with the Flamingo skin Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) Allow LESS syntax in SSX Marius Dumitru Florea Activate Flamingo menus on hover Marius Dumitru Florea
- General stabilization - Edy/Vincent (+ Others to help)
Type Key Status Summary Assignee Move the "Pretty Name" and Description sections from the Main Wiki to their respective subwiki Administration page Eduard Moraru Extension Manager add extension search should suggest only compatible versions Eduard Moraru Add a new BCC field for the Email feature Vincent Massol
- Collaborative Apps improvements/new design - Caty + Lyes + Victor + Gabriela
- Forum - finishing touches
- Meeting, FAQ, Ideas - fixing bugs, design
- Addition of Ratings feature in Repository app - Victor
Type Key Status Summary Assignee Rating and advice system for extensions Unassigned Integrate the ratings system from xwiki-contrib Unassigned Include ratings information in the Extension REST API Unassigned Display ratings information in the Extension Manager UI Unassigned Add comment field Unassigned
- Improved mail sender for large volumes - Vincent + Lyes
Type Key Status Summary Assignee Batch API to send large volumes of mail Bandou Lyes
- 6.4M1: 1st of Dec
- 6.4M2: 15 Dec
- 6.4RC1: 22 Dec
- 6.4Final: 29 Dec