Release Notes for XWiki Enterprise 3.5
This is the last major release of the 3.x(there will still be bugfix releases on the 3.5.x branch, if needed). The next release is going to be 4.0.
This is a stabilization release, with no major new features to highlight.
New and Noteworthy (since XWiki Enterprise 3.4 version)
Statistics about this release are available in our.
Extension Manager improvements
- When an extension is already installed do not show a clickable "Install" button
- Add clustering support for extensions
- Search should be case insensitive on XWiki Repository
- Clicking "Install" after "Show details" brings the user out of the Administration interface
- Extension manager should provide a custom user agent when connection to repositories
- Can't resolve an extension with id containing UTF-8 char in XWiki Repository
- Can't find an extension on XWiki Repository when searching with a pattern containing an UTF-8 character
- Provide UI to import and synchronize an external extension in the repository
- Getting "Unknown macro: warn" instead of the actual warning when installing/uninstalling an extension
- XWiki Repository REST services should provide a content-disposition with the file name
- Separate local extensions by folders
- Add support for standard proxy settings in Extension Manager
- Install state of an extension located in a sub-folder of the local repository is lost after restart
See the full list ofthat have been fixed in this release.
A new macro that can be used to display documents in a live table. Read more about it on.
Bug fixes and improvements
- The attachment selector should also work with the /edit/ action in 'Inline form' edit mode
- Default class sheet doesn't display correctly the class title
- Keep the current user in the administration application when editing user details
- Cannot import a XAR containing %3A in its file name
- Improve the Profile breadcrumb to be more user friendly
- Write a log line in the console instructing the user to open XWiki in a browser
- Activity Stream performance regression
- Creating a space using Space Dashboard Template will result in a page with blank creator/author
See the full list offixed in this release.
- Set the minimum required Maven version (3.0) to build XWiki in the POM
- Sheets need to be able to display the title of the document they are applied to
- Replace notion of Container's ApplicationContext with the notion of Environment
- Files within WEB-INF directory readable by using Velocity
- Enable Infinispan JMX mbeans by default for runtime monitoring of XWiki caches
- Provide tomcat5 and tomcat7 based Debian packages
The following dependencies have been upgraded:
- Groovy 1.8.6
- JFreeChart 1.0.14
- JUnit 4.9
- Maven Archetype plugin 2.2
- Maven Assembly plugin 2.3
- Maven Checkstyle plugin 2.9
- Maven Dependency plugin 2.4
- Maven Exec plugin 1.2.1
- Maven Findbugs plugin 2.4.0
- Maven JAR plugin 2.4
- Maven Javadoc plugin 2.8.1
- Maven Plugin plugin 2.9
- Maven Release plugin 2.2.2
- Maven Site plugin 3.0
- Maven SSH Wagon 2.2
- Maven Surefire plugin 2.12
- Maven War plugin 2.2
- OSCache 2.4.1
The following translations have been updated:
Here's the list of browsers tested with this version (i.e. browsers that we've tested as working - Check the list of):
- Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer
You can check theto learn about what was tested and the results on various browsers.
Backward Compatibility and Migration Notes
You may also want toin order to benefit from all the improvements listed above.
Issues specific to XWiki Enterprise 3.5
- The default configuration property for the permanent directory was renamed from container.persistentDirectory to environment.permanentDirectory in xwiki.properties.
- We've disabled support for Event parameters in the Event Stream (this was a feature for developers) because it caused a . We'll put it back when . In the meantime if you really need to add this feature back, extract activitystream.hbm.xml located in the Activity Stream JAR in WEB-INF/lib to the WEB-INF/classes directory and uncomment the map mapping in the file.
- It seems that <hibernate-mapping auto-import="true">
<typedef name="materialized_clob" class="org.hibernate.type.StringClobType" />
<class name="com.xpn.xwiki.doc.XWikiDocument" table="xwikidoc">
... . The workaround is to extract xwiki.hbm.xml located in the Old Core JAR in WEB-INF/lib to the WEB-INF/classes directory and add the materialized_clob typedef as in:
The following APIs were modified since version 3.4: