Release Notes for XWiki 1.0 beta 1
Changes from 0.9.x
- New Skin
- Lots of usability improvements
- Importer/Exporter to import and export sets of wiki pages
- XWiki can now work with an empty database
- Pages can be tagged (not documented yet) + basic UI for viewing the tag cloud
- New WYSIWYG editor (using Tiny MCE v2)
- New Rights editor
- New web site and updated documentation
- Improved programming APIs
- Notion of Panels (porlet-like areas which can be added in menus) + Drag and drop Panel Wizard to easily customize the displayed Panels (experimental, works only in Firefox)
- Standalone installer to get up to speed quickly (includes Jetty and HSQL already set up)
- Attachments versioning
- Section edits (ability to edit only sections of a page)
See the full list of changes
Migration from earlier versions
Start by making a backup of your current database.
Then there are 2 possible use cases:
- You want to keep your existing skin. In that case, simply install the new version and point it to your existing database.
- You want to use the new 1.0 skin with your current database. In that case, install the new version and point it to your existing database. Then start XWiki and import the Panels XAR (this is required as the new skin makes use of them). Last, go to your wiki Administration page and in the skin section, enter "xwiki10b1".
Contact us on the mailing list
if you're experiencing any problem. Just make sure you have your current database backed up before you do anything.