Theuses for listing all tasks to be implemented and all bugs to be fixed.
You'll find there the dates and versions planned for issues to be fixed and hence the XWiki roadmaps. There's also alisting all known dates for future releases. Please understand that these dates are often tentative since XWiki's development is open source and lots of committers/contributors are working in their free time on XWiki.
If you're interested to help out check the.
General goals for all releases:
- More tests
- Better javadoc
- More documentation on xwiki.org
- Code cleanup/refactoring
Already implemented roadmaps can be found in the.
Note that all planned release dates are also entered in the Calendar on.
XWiki Enterprise 8.x
Release dates for the 8.x Cycle:
- 8.0: March 2016
- 8.1: May 2016
- 8.2: July 2016
- 8.3: September 2016
- 8.4: November 2016
- Continue CKEditor work. The goal is to be ready to replace the GWT WYSIWYG by the CKEditor integration before the end of 8.1 and bundle it in 8.1. The default would still be the GWT one but a configuration option would allow to make CK the default + it should be possible to have both editors available for testing. - Marius
- Develop an SSO authenticator to authenticate on an XWiki instance based on users located on another XWiki instance (basically if you’re authenticated on XWiki instance 1 then you’d be authenticated on XWiki instance 2). + possibly oAuth authentication - Thomas
- Business as usual: Bug Fixing Days every Thursday + polishing of existing features - All
- Finish Migration Guide to XWiki 7.4+ + Nested Spaces migrator - Guillaume
- Finish work related to the minimal distribution/XWiki flavor - Thomas
- In addition here’s a list of JIRA we’d like to fix (time permitting):
Type Key Status Summary When leaving the edit mode without saving, notify the user that there are changes he needs to save Be able to also restore deleted children pages when restoring a parent nested page Create an extension point for the "Content Menu" area Bad Image Scaling Quality Solr search UI is very slow Modify various parts of the UI to never display "WebHome"
4 April 20165 April 2016 (3w)
25 April 201627 April 2016 (3w)
- 8.1RC1: 9 May 2016 (2w)
- 8.1Final: 23 May (2w)