Release Notes for XWiki 4.5 RC 1
This is the release notes for XWiki Platform, XWiki Enterprise and XWiki Enterprise Manager. They share the same release notes as they are released together and have the same version.
New and Noteworthy (since XWiki 4.5M1)
If you're upgrading an old XEM instance, the Distribution Wizard is now suggesting the right UI extension id when selecting the previous version.
Full Issue List
Extensible search UI implementations
It is now possible to provide your custom search UI implementation that will become available in the list of search engines under Administration > Applications > Search.
To achieve this, we have declared the org.xwiki.platform.searchpoint ID that accepts 3 parameters:
- title - the text to display for your implementation in the search engine select
- admin - a reference to the wiki page where you administrate your search implementation (ex: 'XWiki.SolrSearchAdmin')
- search - a reference to the search page that should be used when your search implementation is active (ex: 'Main.SolrSearch')
Deprecated and Retired projects
No project was retired.
No library was upgraded.
- Renamed the lucene search module and modified the search-ui module. As part of the refactorings performed on the search application, the xwiki-platform-search-lucene module has now been renamed to xwiki-platform-search-lucene-api. Also, pages related to Lucene search that were previously inside xwiki-platform-search-ui have now been moved to the new xwiki-platform-search-lucene-ui module.
If you were depending in your application on these modules/pages, please update your references accordingly. For more details on the new layout, lease see.
The following translations have been updated:
- Portuguese (Brazil)
Tested Browsers & Databases
Here's the list of browsers tested with this version (i.e. browsers that we've tested as working - Check the list of):
Here's the list of databases tested with this version (i.e. databases that we've tested as working - Check the list of):
Backward Compatibility and Migration Notes
You may also want toin order to benefit from all the improvements listed above.
Issues specific to XWiki 4.5 RC 1
Existing custom search implementations
In case you were using a custom search implementation before this version which relied on previous naming and location conventions, you will need to make the necessary adjustments, meaning that you have to declare your implementation as an extension to the search application's extension point.
The following APIs were modified since XWiki 4.4.1:
- New method to access bundle:org.xwiki.localization.LocalizationManager: Method 'public org.xwiki.localization.TranslationBundle getTranslationBundle(java.lang.String, java.lang.String)' has been added to an interface
- Removed the workspaceName parameter to properly fix XWIKI-8394. The actual workspace name should be passed to the XWikiServer parameter instead:org.xwiki.workspace.WorkspaceManager: Parameter 1 of 'public com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.wikimanager.doc.XWikiServer createWorkspace(java.lang.String, com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.wikimanager.doc.XWikiServer)' has changed its type to com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.wikimanager.doc.XWikiServer
org.xwiki.workspace.WorkspaceManager: Parameter 2 of 'public com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.wikimanager.doc.XWikiServer createWorkspace(java.lang.String, com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.wikimanager.doc.XWikiServer)' has changed its type to java.lang.String
org.xwiki.workspace.WorkspaceManager: In method 'public com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.wikimanager.doc.XWikiServer createWorkspace(java.lang.String, com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.wikimanager.doc.XWikiServer, java.lang.String)' the number of arguments has changed)))