The XWiki development team is pleased to announce the release of XWiki Enterprise and XWiki Enterprise Manager 3.0. This is the first release of the. Conforming to the , a lot of features have been polished and improved, and a few new features have been introduced as well. The highlights of this release are:
- Twitter-like messaging and networking inside the wiki,
- a new filesystem storage for attachments which allows huge attachments to be uploaded without requiring a lot of memory or database storage,
- improved dashboard editing,
- better cross-browser support and improved functionality for the WYSIWYG editor,
- a revamped UI for administration, improved office presentation import with a new gallery macro,
- live suggestions for the search input,
- a new UI for changing user avatars.
On the developers' front, we've made it easier to reuse the XWiki rendering engine outside our own codebase, by extracting two new top level projects:
- XWiki Commons, holding generic modules not tied to the rest of the platform,
- XWiki Rendering, holding all the XWiki-independent modules of the rendering engine.
We've setup ato present the work done for the whole 3.0 release. In summary, 510 issues have been closed by 14 committers (and other contributors providing patches), out of which 236 are fixed bugs.
For more information, see the full release notes forand .