The XWiki development team is pleased to announce the release of XWiki Enterprise and XWiki Enterprise Manager 2.4.
The highlights of this release are a new template-based page creation, invitations, object and class editor improvements (especially the ability to remove class properties), and several security and performance improvements.
Important changes since XWiki Enterprise 2.3.2:
- Changed the default search engine from the direct database search to Lucene, plus a new section in the Administration page for managing the search engine
- New template based page creation, which allows to define templates for new pages
- A new Invitation Manager application, which allows users to invite other people to join the wiki
- The ability to insert external images in the WYSIWYG editor
- One-click paste button in the WYSIWYG toolbar
- The ability to add one-click buttons for inserting certain macros
- The ability to delete and to disable/re-enable class properties
- Usability improvements for the object and class editors
- Usability improvements for the Watchlist
- Faster page loading using defered scripts
- Many fixes against Cross-Site Scripting attacks
- Many other bug fixes
For more information see theand release notes.